Terrot Motorcycles and Bicycles
An advertising poster for the Terrot Motorcycle brand through an exclusive dealer in the Spanish market. Terrot was a motorcycle manufacturer in Dijon, France. Charles Terrot and Wilhelm Stücklen had founded a machinery factory in Cannstatt, Germany in 1862, and Terrot added a branch factory in Dijon in 1887, and in 1890 the Dijon factory added bicycles to its products. In 1902 the Dijon factory made its first motorcycle, powered by a 2 bhp engine supplied by Zédel of Switzerland. After the Great Depression a new vehicle class, motorized bicycles, was launched. In 1932 Terrot entered motorcycle racing and won a triple championship.