Touring Club Italiano
Magazine cover for an edition of the Touring Club Italiano (TCI) (in English, Touring Club of Italy) is the major Italian national tourist organization. The Touring Club Ciclistico Italiano (TCCI) was founded on November 8, 1894 by a group of bicyclists to promote the values of cycling and travel; its founding president was Luigi Vittorio Bertarelli. It published its first maps in 1897. By 1899, it had 16,000 members. With the new century, it promoted tourism in all its forms – including auto tourism – and the appreciation of the natural and urban environments. Under Fascism, starting in 1937, it was forced to Italianize its name to the Consociazione Turistica Italiana. This cover shows a woman riding in the back of a sedan with her stole flying out the window.